Alcester Town Hall Events
This page contains information about some of the public events that are taking place in Alcester Town Hall.
Alcester Town Hall is the perfect venue for celebrations, meetings and enjoying entertainment.
Situated in the heart of Alcester, Warwickshire, the Town Hall has a reputation for its beautiful setting, quality facilities and superb location. Having been constructed in 1641, the Town Hall has a great atmosphere with exposed beams and wooden floors.
With the flexibility to accommodate intimate gatherings to audiences of 100 people, the Town Hall offers the ideal setting for concerts, events, conferences, meetings, film locations, weddings, award ceremonies, multi-cultural events and other celebrations.
Open Days and Heritage Open Days
In 2018 we celebrated 400 years of the Alcester War Memorial Town Hall at the heart of the community of Alcester. A series of Open Days displayed an exhibition of the hall’s 400 year history and gave residents and visitors the chance to explore this beautiful Grade 1 listed building.
There will be open days this year too so keep an eye on this page for the actual dates.
Heritage Open Days:
Things to see
Ground Floor Juror’s Room.
- The oak prison cell door, complete with iron bars and the town stocks
- A plaque on the outside wall of the Hall was unveiled in 1938 and inside the original memorial plaques from the church grounds are in the Juror’s Room
- The Royal British Legion have their display cupboard in the Juror’s Room, as has the Alcester Vallet Twinning Association
Upper Floor Bailiff’s Room.
- Bailiffs Boards dating back to 1424
- Roof beam carved with the date 1641
- Picture of Fulke Greville
- Image Plaque above the mantlepiece